is it normal for ppl to sin?

will i go to hell if i sin?
I'm christian and i asked god to forgive me for my sins and ive accepted him into my life as my savior. i still catch myself sinning sometimes though. is that normal? and okay?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Sinning is normal. We all sin and we will sin for as long as we are human. When we die we'll be given a new body, a sinless body. You have accepted Christ as your saviour and are now a child of God. You will never go to hell. Here are some verses to help you understand your position in Christ as a follower of God.

Ephesians 1:4 says you are chosen BY GOD.
    Ephesians 1:5 says you are ADOPTED BY GOD.
    1 John 3:1 says you are a child of God IN HIS FAMILY.
    1John 1:9 says you are forgiven by God FOR ALL YOUR SINS.
    Romans 5:10 says you are reconciled to God and IN HARMONY WITH HIM.

I have more scriptures about your standing with God if you would like me to send them to you let me know. I'm not on every day, but I will answer you ASAP.

In His Love,
    Leslie Grace
    Tru2Him4E

Answer by Tru2Him4E at 4:46 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• It doesn't matter how good of a Christian you are, you will always fall short and sin. It is out goal and our drive to be like God and do our best, but no Christian is perfect and without sin. Christians are not perfect, nor will we ever be, we're just forgiven. It's a daily battle to resist temptation and live as Christ wants us to. Even the best Christians struggle daily. But the difference is that we know that we are sinners, we repent and ask forgiveness and it's granted to us. We try every day to live for God but we'll always fall short, we're just humans afterall.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 4:40 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Everyone sins... I think it matters more if we feel bad about it or not.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 4:37 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• yES, THATS WHY WE ARE ABLE TO ASK GOD FOR FORGIVENESS....(IM SO GLAD OF THAT)
    ILOVEMYBOYS704

Answer by ILOVEMYBOYS704 at 4:37 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• It's totally normal. God was never under the impression that those who accepted Christ would NEVER sin again. He just wants us to TRY not to! Sinning and repenting after you've accepted Christ won't send you to hell, but if it's a consistent behavior, I'd talk to someone who may be able to help.
    MamaRae85

Answer by MamaRae85 at 4:39 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Nobody is Perfect.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 4:41 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Most of the time, "sin" comes from human nature, and can be subjective. Perfectly natural in its occurance..yet, a sin, or personal problem when it comes between you and your walk with God.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:45 PM on Jul. 11, 2010