if you crochet and sell your stuff...

I am a beginner at crocheting and I love it! I would really like to take my skills further and sell stuff someday. But all of the patterns I see online are for personal use or gifting only, not to sell. If you crochet and sell, how did you make a pattern your own to make selling legal? Are there any generic instructions out there where you can make it your own and sell them? My interest right now is baby booties. So many patterns but they all seem similar and none can be made to sell.

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 4:57 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Money & Work

• once you get more involved in it, you basically learn how to make different things without a pattern. A lot of trial & error too. There are some books out there that explain the concepts of like how to make a sweater or whatever, basically measurements and you make the pieces to fit that and sew together, can't think of any right of hand though.

one thing to note with trying to sell things like this though - you will NEVER make enough $ to compensate for your time you put into it! So you cannot calculate in time to the selling price.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 5:10 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• thanks darkfaery! I just checked out ehow.com and they had generic instructions for many things!
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 5:13 PM on Jul. 11, 2010