was it my mucous plug?

I'm 37 weeks and had sex last night. Ive been having prelabor symptoms, cramps, backache, hip pain. Today when I wiped on a few different occasions I had stringy snot looking stuff, it wasn't blood tinged or pink or white. It was kinda light yellow. I have no symptoms of an infection and didn't have one the last time i was checked. Could this have been my plug?

KaylaMarie425

Asked by KaylaMarie425 at 5:01 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• it probably was
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:03 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Could be some of it. But your plug is ALMOST ALWAYS bloody. It will look like a bloody loogie (gross, I know... But the best way to describe it) Remember, some woman who lose their plug don't always go into labor right after! Also, I had a really think icky discharge throughout my whole pregnancy with my first. My OB said that it was because of the hormones.
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 5:04 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I havent had any discharge like this ever. My dr told me to keep an eye out for my plug, being my 2nd labor usually follows soon after. I'm pretty sure labor.is soon....just that gut feeling and all the symptoms
    KaylaMarie425

Comment by KaylaMarie425 (original poster) at 5:15 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• thats how mine was too, you prabablly lost some of it but not all. i would call your doc but your 37 weeks so i wouldnt be worried about baby gl!
    dairyberrys

Answer by dairyberrys at 6:56 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• my plug was never bloody it was a white stringy thick mucus so probally was
    photogrypher

Answer by photogrypher at 2:04 PM on Jul. 12, 2010