Are walkers okay to start using for my 9 month old child?

hmf122

Asked by hmf122 at 5:07 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• oh Yes, Mines was in a walker before that age. I would sit my little one in front of his favorite t.v. shows and he would enjoy his snack and Guess What? I was able to get my Free Time!
    ILOVEMYBOYS704

Answer by ILOVEMYBOYS704 at 5:10 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• As long as their feet can touch the ground, I don't see why not.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 5:10 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Both mine were in one by then!
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 5:10 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• OH! But limit the time they are in there! I think it is 15 minutes in to an hour out. Don't wanna hurt the legs!!!
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 5:11 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Mine were in as soon as they could hold their heads up. By 8 months, I had them out of the walker to practice walking. They were walking independently at 9 and 10 months.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 5:12 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I think 9months is a little old for the walkers. At this point, try something like a jumperoo.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 5:14 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• rethink walkers all together~for that matter, all the stuff we put babies in they can't get out of...car seat time is enough for containment. sure babies like that position....but the philosophy that the child has to gain that strength and upright posture on their own it pretty neat. Kid learn to trust themselves, gain skills faster with exploration....they have their whole adult lives to be stuck in a chair!
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 6:51 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Did you know that the US is the only industrialized country that has not banned walkers for babies? They are very dangerous and should never be used!!!

Answer by rkoloms at 7:01 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• YES ITS OK U COULD HAVE STARTED THAT AT 7 OR 8 MONTHS ITS GOOD MOTOR SKILLS FOR BABIES. MY SON WAS WALIKING AT 10 MONTHS SO YES ITS A WONDERFUL THING. ESPECIALLY WHEN YOUR TRYNA DO UR HAIR OR COOOK . THAT WALKWE KEEPS EM OCCUPIED FOR A WHILE
    suunj1980

Answer by suunj1980 at 7:05 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:22 AM on Jul. 12, 2010