Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I get a new registration card for my car?

I got pulled over today because of a burnt out tail light that I didn't realize was burnt out, again. Anyway, as I was looking for my registration and insurance card, I realized my husband must have thrown them out by accident when he was cleaning out the car. The insurance card isn't a big deal, I can print out a new one, but I need to get a new registration card. I live in PA if that makes a difference. TIA

Answer Question

Asked by fallnangel93 at 5:16 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

Level 19 (7,663 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • Visit your DMV office for a new one.

    What I also do is when I get them is to make a copy for my records or scan them in my computer.

    Answer by musicmom08 at 5:21 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

  • You need to download and print out the following form andmail or bring with your to the nearest full-service motor vehicles office (see the link below for locations in your area).

    How do I get a duplicate Vehicle Registration?

    To obtain a duplicate registration card and/or renewal sticker, you will want to complete the 'Application for Duplicate Registration, Replacement of Registration Plate, Renewal Sticker or Weight Class Sticker or Transfer of Registration' (Form MV-44).  (the above is about 1/2 way down the page.)


    Answer by LoriKeet at 5:31 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

  • Ditto what Lori said. Fairly simple.

    Answer by purpleducky at 5:41 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.