8 Passenger Vehicles

That are not minivans....
We looked at the Toyota Soqoia yesteday and were not crazy about it . We are wanting to look at the Nissan Armada and Ford Explorer.
Chevy is out of the question.
Thanks!

ABusyBee

Asked by ABusyBee at 5:19 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Everybody's driving abilities are different. The Armada does not feel top heavy to me at all and I have never had a fear of rolling over in it.
    The Acadia's and Yukon's are nice but if space is what you want the bigger suv's are the way to go. We're a tall family so having that extra leg space is a plus for us. I looked at an Acadia a few months ago and I just don't think we could ever do the mid-size, we are spoiled by the space in the Armada.
    I love the outside of the Sequoia's but I was turned off by the inside. Not bashing the other vehicles, if we didn't require so much space I would love to have an Acadia.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 3:19 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I have a Nissan Armada and I love it! It has SO MUCH space and so much power. My Husband was not happy that I got the Armada because he wanted the Suburban but even he he (Chevy guy all his life) loves the Armada now. The driving and handling is very quick, nimble and responsive. It does average 12.5 mpg though. The second and third row seats have more space than any other vehicle out on the market. We have a friend who works at Nissan and with the exception of the 04 Armada's (first year bugs mainly with brakes) the Armada's rarely have any issues. The Armada was replacing a vehicle that had been totaled out so we asked our insurance guy how they held up in wrecks and he said very impressively. They side curtain airbags for the windows. Even the base models have a lot of features. Only negative I have is the gas mileage.
    I just would not buy an 04 definitely go 05 and up.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 6:56 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Thank for the info I need a bigger vehicle for when my van is in the shop.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 8:01 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• GMC Acadia holds 8 if you get the bench seat in the middle row. (Same beast as the Buick Enclave, Saturn Outlook and Chevy Equinox) I average 25 MPG TOTAL including in town and hwy driving.

The Nissan and Toyota SUVs have HUGE ROLLOVER RISKS!! We test drove the Armada when looking for a new vehicle and HATED how TOP HEAVY it felt!! It "wallered" all over the lane.

twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:21 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• We like our GMC Yukon
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 8:47 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Oh my thanks for that infomation
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 9:47 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I test drove a GMC Yukon with the third row seat and loved it.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 12:13 AM on Jul. 12, 2010