What's everyone reading right now?

Would you recommend it and why?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 5:21 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• The Dead and the Gone by Susan Pfeffer. I recommend this series because it shows what people will do to survive, and makes you question how you would handle that situation and how far you would go. This is the second book in the series, and is a lot more gruesome (detailed) than the first. This is my second time reading it.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 5:23 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I can not remember the name of my book... Is that bad? It is a really good book though. About a boy and his two younger sisters whose mother is bi-polar and a drug and sex addict.
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 5:26 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Haven't started it yet, but a gf gave me the first of six in a series by a fellow-oklahoman, PC Cast, called "marked" (I think that's the title.)...more vampires, I believe. LOL!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:27 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I just finished Changes by Jim Butcher. It is the latest in his series, The Dresden Files. I love those books. They are fantasy with a sense of humor. (Vampires, wizards, fairies.....)
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 5:36 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I love the Dresden Files!

I'm fixing to reread Alpha and Omega by Patricia Briggs. Good series!
    SusanTheWriter

Answer by SusanTheWriter at 5:42 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Death By Chocolate by G.A. McKevett. It's one of the Savannah Reid mystery books.
    I would recommend any of those books. :-) I love them. The main character, Savannah, is hilarious, such a southern woman it's like I'm reading about half my family!
    It's not the hokey, dumb mysteries, they sound good, they're not the "never could happen" type. I love the way she interacts with the other characters, and the stories flow so well. Without realizing it, I've sat and read one in a single sitting, even taking it to the bathroom with me to pee and running into the wall trying to not stop reading. That for me, is a good book.

Heather,
    I finished that book a while ago. I loved it! I can't wait for the next, any idea when it's supposed to come out?
    I would also recommend the Dresden Files books to anyone. He's great!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 5:44 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• The Quran
    Richard & John: Kings at War by Frank McLynn
    and a book on the Black Death...
    I love historical books...
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 6:04 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Under the Dome by Stephen King, and it's fantastic, he's in great form, it rivals The Stand.
    it's been SOOOO long since I read a novel for pleasure. I'm planning on John Irving's Last Night in Twisted River nest. I'm making the most of being out of school for the summer.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 6:18 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of Under the Dome. I just finished The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morris. It was ok, not exactly the best book ever, but entertaining enough. I just checked out Claiming Ground by Laura Bell- about a woman trying to make her place sheep herding on a man's man ranch in Wyoming. Haven't started it yet. I also got the Deceptively Delicious cookbook by Jessica Seinfeld to sneak some veggies in my super picky 4 yr old.
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 6:28 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• The Complete Works of Swami Vivekananda. I would recommend it to anyone interested in the philosophy of Hinduism that teaches that the divine is within us all, Vedanta.

KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 6:29 PM on Jul. 11, 2010