Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump


We've got new neighbors that are either drinking & fighting on a regular basis.Or are playing music very loud until 4:00 in the morning.I won't call the police.I did go over & ask them if they can keep it down to a personal roar & that just made them mad.I did go talk wit the manager & it seems i'm not the only one complaining.And the police have been called.Our apartments have never had a problem until they moved in.We only have 16 units.I think my manager is afraid to evict them.He doesn't like to play the bad guy.& he knows we won't move out.We love our home.Anybody have any suggestions?


Asked by bvannkissy at 5:28 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Relationships

Level 18 (5,409 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (7)
  • I would talk to all of the other neighbors and see if they are bothered as well, if so then ALL of you go together and corner the manager and tell him that the new neighbors are disturbing everyone and something better be done about the situation. Each time the neighbors are making noise and disturbing the peace I would call the manager and the police and file a complaint with both. Maybe if the manager gets badgered enough by everyone he will actually do something about the situation. Good luck

    Answer by MizLee at 9:43 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

  • If it were me, I would continue to call the police. Eventually the landlord will have to evict them, because he will be notified each and every time the police are called. Good luck.

    Answer by m-avi at 5:30 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

  • call the cops. if they are drinking and getting mad because you ask them to keep it down in the middle of the night, it's safest to let the police handle it. there is no telling what a drunk person will do.

    Answer by jennifer588 at 5:31 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

  • It's Disturbing the Peace. If the Manager won't do anything, you'll have to suck it up and deal with it or Call the cops. In which I would call the cops cause there's no way I could deal with it.

    Answer by DesertRose75 at 5:32 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

  • Why wouldnt you call the police? You said you went over and talked to them face to face and that just pissed them off. Well it's your turn honey.Call the cops and complain and call every time they get loud. Eventually the manager wll get tired of having the cops in his face so often that he'll go to them and 1). they will settle down and act like humans or 2). they will get evicted. OR you can learn to live with the bull crap. Being that you are asking for advice and wanting peace of mind in your home again,I say call the cops! Common sense and decency doesnt seem to rule the minds in the house where they live,so you have to make some decisions for them. I hope you will decide to call,especially if you have children,because as someone stated aboce,you never know what someone will do when they are drunk and why take chances and allow them to contine to go on and it to get worse and worse.

    Answer by phall1069 at 6:10 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

  • If you tried asking them and they got mad, you tried contacting the manager and he didn't do anything about it, then you are going to have to call the cops. I cannot think of anything else to make them shut it, without going against everything I believe in and getting revenge. But seriously I would call the cops and let them handle it. Like the previous poster said, you never know what a drunk person will do! Be safe!

    Answer by My3LittleGirls at 5:35 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

  • We had noisy neighbors too. We talked to them, nothing. SO we started calling the cops. They finally got the message.No more problems.

    Answer by gdiamante at 1:34 AM on Jul. 12, 2010