Child Support

my childs father lost his job for drinking on the job...he has a VERY bad alcohol problem he has been put in this "crazy hospital" (georgia regional) he has to go to the doc down there everymonth his parents are trying to talk him into going to get help there and stay there is there anything out there if your childs father is in a place like that you still get some kind of child support?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:32 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Money & Work

• I know here in KY there is a program called KTAP that women get in place of child support when the father doesn't pay, or wont pay or whatever. I know that the father when found is responsible for paying it all back. I'm pretty sure it is through the unemployment office, maybe try calling them, I don't know where you live but there might be something like that there.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 5:40 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• In MN they set the child support at zero.
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 5:45 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I wish
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 8:14 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• If he gets unemployment, you should be able to get some of that. If not, he'll go into arrears on CS owed to you. In the meantime, you will need to readjust your budgeting and/or find a way to get income.
    LittleD96

Answer by LittleD96 at 9:56 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• In Florida, you dont recieve CS during the time that a father is in jail and depending on the situation, if he is disabled. If he can not get disability due to his problem he may be required to pay anyway.
    RealestRican

Answer by RealestRican at 11:36 PM on Jul. 11, 2010