how did you handle a bully when you were a kid?

I heard of a story where the kid getting teased told the bully
'so what! I hear you went the bed! your mom talked to my mom and told her all about it!'

any opinions? ever try something like this?
hate to say it, but this is one of the few things that I heard actually worked to get a bully off of your back!

ItsMe89

Asked by ItsMe89 at 5:50 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I dunno I always fought back but I learned on little bill that if a bully is messing with you then you say so what. So if they say you wet the bed you say...so what...you say so what to everything and when they see your not getting mad over it they leave you alone! haha.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 5:51 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Ignored them and walked away to a teacher.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 5:51 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Snappy comebacks.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:00 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I was bullied a lot, especially when my parents divorced. But my mom was great at giving me comebacks. This one girl always compared her stuff to mine and said hers was better. After telling mom and getting advice, the next time she said that I told her "you worry about your __ and I'll worry about mine". the girl said something snotty and didnt bother me after that lol. But other than that, if I was bullied by others more severely, I just took it all in and eventually my self esteem went downhill and I had to seek counseling and transfer to a new school because I became a cutter. I wish I knew then what I do now and just sucked it up and make them look like assholes and lose their friends because they were mean natured.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 6:03 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I told a girl once who kept threatening to fight me that "If you're going to threaten me, come on and do it, or stop running your mouth. I don't want to fight you, but if you want your butt kicked, I can do it for you". LOL. I'm not saying I would recommend any kid saying this, but in my case, it worked. She never talked to me again. Granted, I was scared to death that she'd actually want to fight me because she was much bigger than me, but my confidence intimidated her, lol. She never expected that to come out of my mouth. Most bullies a use a kid acting afraid as fuel to keep bullying them. I really dislike bullies! Ugh. They can do so much damage to a child!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 6:04 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• the teachers I had usually just said 'don't talk to me I wasn't there.'
    'when the teachers aids who were there said talk to the teachers'

never was clear on what happened there.
    ItsMe89

Comment by ItsMe89 (original poster) at 6:08 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• In 6th grade a boy kicked the back of my chair when the teacher left the class room... I got up & kicked his arse..
    On my 1st day of school at a new school in 7th grade... We where walking out of class when he whispered something in my ear... I turned around pushed him against the wall & gave him a mouth full... The only reason I only cussed him out was because I didnt know him..

MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 6:09 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• It was very rare that I was bullied, and I became the bully rather early on. Honestly I'm teaching my kids to stand up for themselves, I know that's not the popular thing to teach your kids, but I refuse to have those kids who are pushed around over and over...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:24 PM on Jul. 11, 2010