What is wrong with people?! Why on Earth would she allow her daughter to do this??

My friend has a 17 year old daughter. Great girl, does well in school and has had a job since she was 15.

She is working at a fast-food restaurant and recently made friends with a 22 year old boy from Bulgaria. She has a bit of a crush on him but they are not dating.

Her daughter came home from work the other night and asked her mom if she'd allow her to MARRY this boy to get him residency into the USA!! He has offered to pay her $600 a month during the entire process.

I was shocked and then the topper was...I ask the mom what she said to her daughter and she says "well I told her it was fine. He's a nice kid"

They have only known this boy for 3 months!!! and not to mention that is FRAUD.

I cannot believe it.
What is wrong with people??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:08 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• Can you talk directly to the girl? She could be getting herself into all kinds of trouble, and somebody should warn her. Doesn't sound like it will be her mom.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:11 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Sounds like mommy is doing it for the dough!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:11 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• WHAT?!!! There is Nooooo way I would let my DD or DS do something like that, I don't care HOW much money is involved
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:13 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I would'nt do it she don't know how this man may turn out to be after marriage.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 6:20 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Selling yourself for money has a certain unattractive name. It would be very poor judgment to do this, nice guy or not, fraud isn't a good thing to get involved with.

Answer by Bmat at 6:26 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Marriage no longer equals residency, as I am sure this man knows.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:41 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Kinda made me laugh. When it comes down to it, most kids today see marriage as a piece of paper & thats it. She wants to be a big girl & and make big hgirl choices let her deal with the big girl consiquences.
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 6:47 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• First of all, the 22 year old isn't a boy, he's a MAN! And secondly, she's 17! She's not even a legal adult! Third, it's AGAINST THE LAW! This is what's wrong with our country - let him apply for legal residency like the rest of the honest people do! Follow the proper channels - there are laws for a reason! If this is your friend, I would sit her down and have a nice little chat with her about being a good citizen!!

Gosh - I wish there was a vaccine for STUPID!
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 8:13 PM on Jul. 11, 2010