Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

what should I do with my 16 yr old father he does no provide child support..

he does not child support on a consistent basis...I took him to court years ago and I felt that it was useless, since he is always tries to find a way to beat the system if everything he can. In addition he is always in an out of my daughter's life. He has a habit of making her promises that he never keeps, she has been let down by him so many times:( I'm actually considering going to court again. I was downgraded in my current job I'm not making the same salary, I just feel he should help out more. I have spoken to him regarding this matter and he just gives me sob stories or disappears. Meanwhile the guy own his own business and lives in loft and drive around in a BMW. Then has the nerve to tell my daughter that everything he does is off the books. This has me so disgusted. Should I just drop this matter or pursue it?

Answer Question

Asked by jenlesly at 6:14 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

Level 6 (110 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • Pursue it. He should have to bring in his tax files, he wouldn't have been able to buy a house or a car w/o providing proof of income.

    Answer by matthewscandi at 6:16 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

  • i'm not sure i understand the it the father of your child is 16 yrs old? if so maybe you can try to go to his parents for child support. ...good luck with it either way. my son's dad is 37 and he does what he feels like too. It don't matter how old they are.

    Answer by shay1130 at 6:24 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

  • Speak with your lawyer about having your daughter testify in court regardin what her father told her...

    Answer by rkoloms at 6:42 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

  • Child support must be paid, don't give in.

    Answer by QandA at 7:05 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

  • I would report him to the IRS for working under the table. He will be fined and could face jail time. I would tell him that he has 2 options, PAY his child support for the next 2 years or you will call the IRS and report him. My ex did that once, worked for someone for cash. I found out the employer and called the employer and told him that his employee has an active child support case and if he didn't put him or payroll and deduct child support, I would report him to the IRS. The ex was fired within an hour.

    Do not give in and if he keeps disppointing your daughter, she is old enough to not have to go visit him.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:50 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.