This is a real question. So I'm sitting outside and I see some ppl at the pool in my apts...

And i see family that is african american. My question is, well i know that wearing black clothes causes you to get hot quicker from the sun...

Do african americans get hot quicker because of their skin color?
Please don' take this as being racist. Because I'm not its a serious question im curious about. Thanks! :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:15 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'm black and no we don't.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 6:25 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• only someone who's been both white and black could answer, and as Michael Jackson's gone, it will remain a mystery.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 6:21 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Honestly not sure how to answer this. Would a black person get hotter sitting next to a white person because white colors reflect the sun? It's like what came first - the chicken or the egg. How do you have anything to compare it to in order to know, and more importantly, why does it matter?
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:17 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• the world may never know
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:19 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I've wondered that myself, but if you think about it this way... .would they ever know? They aren't going to know what it's like to be lighter so they wouldn't know how it feels being darker, but I don't think so. In the summer I go from my normal pastey white self to looking like the Native American side of my mom's family and I never feel a difference. Sure being that dark isn't as dark, but it still doesn't feel different. KWIM?
    Georgie0502

Answer by Georgie0502 at 6:24 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• and as Michael Jackson's gone, it will remain a mystery.

lmao
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:26 PM on Jul. 11, 2010