Leapster 2

What is your opinion on the Leapster 2 for little girl turning 4?
If your little ones have it, did they love it or not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:24 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my baby just turned 6 last month and got it last christmas. she absolutely loves it, although we havents bought her any new games, and she only has one, she still plays it over and over again. they have an art studio in it where the kids can draw and write and make pictures with stickers and stamps and stuff, hell i play it sometimes lol. and they do have educational games for it also like math and spelling puzzles and stuff! good buy. my mom wanted to get her a DS but not after i told her how advanced the DS was, its more for a tween.
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 6:31 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• My son is now 6 and we bought his maybe 2 years ago... he wasnt really into it at first because he really didnt know what he was doing but now loves it! It is great for playing at home, take along in the car (love it for long trips), waiting at the doctors... We bought a couple different games and the travel case.
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 6:38 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• the leapster is a winner! She will love it. It does introduce them to the gaming idea~but leapster games are mostly non violent and introduce kindergarten concepts. Kids can learn beyond their grade level even.

I'd stick to a small number of games and maybe a earning system~they do see ads for the other games and start to collect them.
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 6:39 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• DS got one for christmas last year and really likes it. He only has a few games but has really learned a lot.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 6:49 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Good choice
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:31 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• My MIL bought my 4 year old one when he was 2. At first he didn't get it really but loved trying to figure it out. He now LOVES it. They are actually coming out with a new one call Leapster Explorer and we are thinking about getting it for our 4 year old for Christmas.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:30 AM on Jul. 12, 2010