hair color

i'm getting my hair cut tomorrow, and i'm thinking of coloring it. i do the 6-8 dollar coloring kits from walmart, and i've been thinking on doing a diff. color. just some thin highlights, but i'm not sure if i want brown or red..tips suggestions? we moved, and i can't find anyone who does a good cut, so i'm def. not trusting them with coloring my hair. i'm a natural blond, kind of a dirty blond color.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:29 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• My sister was a natural blond- but her roots always grow in dark- drives her nuts so it looks like she is a bottle blonde in need of a root touch up. LOL- so she wanted to color her hair dark so that her roots wouldn't stand out. She went with a dark auburn and it was GORGEOUS. Looked natural and make her blue eyes POP like crazy.
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 6:32 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Red sounds good for this time of the year
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:29 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I just dye my hair yestrday medium reddish brown from gariner nutrisse. I love there hair color because it true to what it says on the box, give my hair a new shine and highlight and leaves my hair feeling soft. Here is a link to the color I used:

http://www.garnierusa.com/_en/_us/our_products/shades-haircolor.aspx?tpcode=OUR_PRODUCTS^PRD_HAIRCOLOR^NUTRISSE^NUTRISSE_DISCOVER&prdcode=P53002&varcode=242672&back=1

LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 8:57 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I have dark blonde hair and have colored my hair red and just loved it!! Only problem is it fades out really fast, especially in summer. But if it's just highlights I think it would look great
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 11:49 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• The L'oreal coleur experte kits are excellent for doing color with highlights. It's a little pricier than eight dollars, but it's much less than two kits, one for color and one for highlight. I think you would like the brioche.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:07 AM on Jul. 12, 2010