What Exercises to firm the lower abdomen?

I had a c-section, and my abs never really recovered. What kind of exercises target the lower abdomen? All of the ones I can seem to find target the upper abs. I want to get my strength back.

gypsysmiles

Asked by gypsysmiles at 6:33 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• reverse crunches.
    lay flat on the floor. bend your knees and lift your feet slightly off the floor. use your abs to bring your knees towards you.

also the one where you lay flat on your back, legs out straight, lift them a little, and alternately raise and lower them (forgot what it's called)
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 6:36 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Lie on the floor, lower back pressed to the floor, bring the knees one at a time up to touch the chest. This target lower abs. I'd bring up one knee while keeping the other knee bent and that foot on the floor near the back end. Down, then the other knee. As you get so you can keep your lower back on the floor during the lifts, then both knees. But make sure you are well enough recovered from your surgery.

Answer by Bmat at 6:37 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Oh, I'm definitely recovered! My son is turning 3!
    gypsysmiles

Comment by gypsysmiles (original poster) at 7:24 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Pilates and Yoga.
    Pilates especially.
    Cardio rids the fat, but Pilates and Yoga tone.

Lifting weights doesn't help pull the skin back into place, it only tones the muscles. So you'll have a flabby stomach with hiding toned muscles underneath. Yoga and Pilates helps tone the skin and the muscles.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:24 PM on Jul. 11, 2010