my son doesnt like to sleep in his bassinet. any suggestions on what i should do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my daughter never liked it either. so eventually she was in the pack and play for months. good luck
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 6:41 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• You don't say how old he is or where he likes to sleep. Not enough info.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 6:42 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Sleep him more upright for a few weeks~like his car seat or a bouncy chair...
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 6:43 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• HAVE U TRIED LAYING N THE COUCH. MAKING SURE NO BLANKETS OR PILLOWS R AROUND HIS FACE ON HIS BACK. PUT PILLOWS ON THE FLOOR JUST IN CASE HE OR SHE ROLLS OVER.
    suunj1980

Answer by suunj1980 at 6:58 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• how old is your baby?
    MommyToEthan

Answer by MommyToEthan at 7:15 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• try the crib instead
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:23 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• How old is your baby? Where does baby like to sleep or where does he currently sleep if not the bassinet?

If you are breastfeeding, one option is to bring baby into bed with you. See Should I sleep with my baby?

How about a swing or bouncy seat?

I see one person suggested the couch. NEVER put a baby to sleep on a couch! It is not safe. There have been many babies who have suffocated when they got caught in the couch cushions!

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 8:47 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Put him in the crib. I never used anything but the crib. Then there was no transition to deal with. The only transition was when the bumper pad was taken out.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 10:06 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I used the bassinet for about a month with my two boys. They started moving and hitting the sides which would scare them and cause them to wake. I moved them into the crib and they both slept longer and better at night.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:14 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• We co-sleep with a side carred crib for additional room, though as an infant I put the baby there to sleep but later the baby just slept in my armpit and it makes a dandy laptop station. :) http://www.freewebs.com/sidecarcrib/
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:15 AM on Jul. 12, 2010