Are you paranoid?

Are you as paranoid as I am about your child getting snatched? I keep my eyes on my little one out side at the playground and everywhere I go. I worry myself to death! And I don't even live in the big city...

1lilgirl

Asked by 1lilgirl at 6:49 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yea, I am too. I sit around and worry about the craziest things sometimes. I guess it is just mother's instinct to worry.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 6:50 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• yeah, im paranoid about everything. about them getting sick. i wont let anyone sick near him, im always washing our hands, wiping things down, etc. - i worry about everything. it drives me crazy sometimes
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 6:51 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Yes. I'm also paranoid about choking, allergic reactions, suffocation... pretty much everything. I've actually considered getting therapy because I feel like I'm overly worried all the time! Maybe it's just because I'm a 1st-time parent though.
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 6:52 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• It is so important that you are vigilant in watching your children, but worrying yourself to death is not healthy for you or them. Relax and enjoy, but be ever aware of those around you. best wishes.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:53 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I felt that way. I had his picture taken, his fingerprints and kept a lock of hair for dna. He's 19 now. It was hard when he started going places without me. But I'm over that particular fear now. Now I worry about drunk drivers....
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 6:56 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• no, i keep a good eye on them but i don't worry about it too much.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:10 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• yes, its something that concerns me, but not to the point where i'm paranoid about it. whenever we are out, i make sure i have a close eye on him at all times.
    MommyToEthan

Answer by MommyToEthan at 7:10 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I THINK ABOUT IT. BUT I JUST KEEP CLOSE TABS ON MINE. EVEN AT THE PARKS. IN FRONT OF THE HOUSE. I TELL MY KIDS THAT THE KILLER MAN OR WOMAN LOOKS NICE DRESSES NICE HAS MONEY SMELL GOOD JUST LIKE YOU AND ME SO DONT TALK TO STRANGERS PERIODE. I HATE WHEN PEOPLE SAY HI TO MY KIDS IN THE ELEVATOR. I SIMPLY SAY. THEY DONT TALK 2 STRAGERS. AND YES A PERSON IN THE ELEVATOR IS A STRANGER. I TEACH MINE EARY. THE WORLD IS MOVING FAST. WE AS PARENTS CANT MOVE SLOW. THIS IS NOT BACK N THE DAY
    suunj1980

Answer by suunj1980 at 7:15 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I am teaching my DD about strangers and she always asks me when someone says hi to her, " Momma, is that a stranger" ? I say yes, and the ppl usually look at me like I'm crazy...lol
    1lilgirl

Comment by 1lilgirl (original poster) at 7:31 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Yes I'm paranoid about everything when it comes to my kids. It makes for long days!
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:42 PM on Jul. 11, 2010