has anyone taken any medical billing courses

what kind of school do u go to... how much was the program.. did find the courses worth while. thank u for info

Rydersmommy616

Asked by Rydersmommy616 at 7:09 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Money & Work

• i took an online class and paid about $1000 for it. it's been about 3-4 years since i took it so i would have to go look at my paperwork to get the name of the program. i'm doing medical coding / billing now from home.

however, let me just give you a heads up - even if you take the class, it's very hard to get potiental clients to let you do it from home. the only reason i am doing it from home is because my mom's boyfriend's brother is a doctor and i do medical insurance billing / coding for him and he's fixing to throw alot more business my way from some of his friends.
    MommyToEthan

Answer by MommyToEthan at 7:13 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I do freelance accounting and bookkeeping. One of my clients is a podiatrist, and the office manager asked me to help with billing. After a few weeks, she offered to put the software on my laptop. I go in the office once a week to pick up and drop off paperwork.

I have never taken a class; with the software, it is really simple.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:21 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Right now I am currently taking a Medical Billing & Coding course, online through Penn Foster.
    offrdngal

Answer by offrdngal at 7:36 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I am also planning to take the course. I live in Atlanta. There is an Institute called Radium Soft and I am planning to take the course there. You can Google this place and get more details . Their no is 770-455-1228.
    Vmom79

Answer by Vmom79 at 3:23 PM on Jul. 12, 2010