did you every bust your parents?

not like abuse, but just something they were embarrassed about, or didn't want your other parent to know.
such as my mom wanted to cut my dads hair, instead he took me out and we went to the barber where he got it cut.
he didn't tell me it was a secret- I mentioned the exciting trip to the barber to my mom and I got the evil eye-
not sure how he thought he'd keep it a secret- was obvious he'd gotten a hair cut.
or when my dad got mad and dropped the grocery bags. of course my mom later opened the eggs. all broken.
dad says wide eyed' I don't know what happened'
'I know! it probably happened when you tossed your arms up like this and the bags fell!'
boy, did I figure I was smart! didn't understand why my Dad didn't realize it happened then!

ItsMe89

Asked by ItsMe89 at 7:18 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My mom had some diet pills. I didn't know they were a secret. When dad found us at the store, mom shoved them under some things in the cart. Well, my little 5 year old self was curious so I asked why she hid the red box. Of course dad looked at her and mom said "what box? I didn't hide anything". I pulled them out and asked why she hid them and if they were supposed to be a surprise for dad because if they were I'd put them back in. :-)
    Dad put them away, asked mom not to try and get them anymore and not to lie about it anymore and gave .me a 10 dollar bill for telling him.:-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 7:28 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• lol. yeah. Mom always said the worst thing I could do was lie. Well we lived in a trailer when I was a kid. We were moving to Ky and trying to sell the trailer. One guy came up and was asking my mom questions about it. He asked when was the last time the roof had tar put on it. She told him a year ago. Well I was standing right there and I knew it was a lie. I just thought she had forgot (I was very young and innocent). Anyway I said "No momma its never been done." Mom turned beet read and the guy winked at me, thanked me and walked away. Btw, I got in trouble for telling the truth that night! Still have some animosity over that.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 7:22 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Those are cute stories, but I can't say that I ever have, my parents aren't close, maybe thats why?
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:48 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• My dad is wild and can't get enough of my mom. yuck and gross. When I was a kid my room was next to theirs an the walls paper thin. I woke up and heard everything. I was about 9 or 10 I am 47 now and can't get rid of the image in my head. Maybe I should seek therapy.
    twilite2000

Answer by twilite2000 at 8:50 PM on Jul. 11, 2010