Would you do this or is it silly??

We are TTC child number 3 right now and hopeing at the end of July we get a positive. Do you think its silly to have already started to buy diapers,onesies,burp clothes and all the other basic essentials? I personally think its smart and by the time the baby gets here we diff. will have just about everything we need plus we wont have to buy it all at once cause we started buying it early and a little at a time. Have you or would you do this?

AProsser

Asked by AProsser at 7:31 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I don't think is is silly, but I would not do it. I would think that would jinx me.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 7:31 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• gee by the time kid #3 rolled around all i had to buy was diapers lol. but no i wouldn't buy anything until i get a positive test. it would make me sad seeing all that stuff and then getting a negative test. but gl and hope you get a +!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:32 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I guess it would depend on how easily you get pregnant. if you've never had trouble before, I say got for it.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 7:32 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I don't see anything wrong with it, but what if your not pregnant by then. I would just save the money up in a baby piggy bank and when you find out that you are, you can shop all you want.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 7:33 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I dont thnk it is silly at all. I was just telling my sis in law she needed to start buying and they are ttc.
    anabele

Answer by anabele at 7:33 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• No it not silly if u are easy to get pregnant.gl
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 7:35 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I think it is silly. I would not even think of buying anything for a unborn baby tell I was almost due.

Answer by louise2 at 7:37 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• i dont think it's silly, i think it's smart. i'm 24 weeks and dont have anything! i'm starting to get worried we wont have the basics by the time the baby gets here! i say buy it when you want!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:42 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I don't think its silly if you buy a few things when they're on sale lol
    youngmm

Answer by youngmm at 7:54 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I would probably wait for the positive, but I don't think it's silly. I do the same thing with Christmas shopping - that way in December I dont' blow all of our money, I spend the money bit by bit, instead of all at once!

Good luck with getting the positive! I hope to get one around that time too ... baby dust to both of us!!!!!!!!!!!
    cschwanger

Answer by cschwanger at 8:31 PM on Jul. 11, 2010