today...

my mother, grandmother, and me took my 13 month old son to meet his great great grandmother today for the first time, for her 97th birthday! it was so touching to have 5 generations there all in the same room. A little sad though that she has alzheimers and has no idea who we are or whats going on, but every once in a while something you say will trigger her to remember things from her past. all in all, today was a touching day! yet i find myself a little sad thinking of all the people i saw alone, in wheel chairs unable to move, with lunch plates of pureed beef that they werent even able to eat. life can be amazing, yet so sad at the same time! Fckd up right??
What did you do today?

PURPULbutterfly

Asked by PURPULbutterfly at 7:44 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I feel the same when I've been in situations simular to what you were in today. I get really sad and emotional. Then I say I'm going to change my ways and be a better person and become healthier and live a better life and maybe not be in the same predicament as some of these people. I try. On the up note I hope you took pictures of the 5 generations, that will be really special to look back at.

I did nothing to day.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:01 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I did nothing.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 7:46 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• LOL
    thats lame
    PURPULbutterfly

Comment by PURPULbutterfly (original poster) at 7:49 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I understand your being touched and yet saddened. I have an aunt with alzheimers and it is such a tragedy. I visited my mother today, she needs to use a cane, but otherwise she is fine and able to live in her own home because my sister lives nearby and takes care of her.

Answer by Bmat at 7:50 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I spent the day playing play doh with my daughter, rough housing, cooking, and playing games with her. It was a good one.
    Yeah, life can be both happy and sad at the same time. :-(
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 7:53 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• It is very cool to have 5 generations together, hopefully you have a pic. We have a pic of my great grandma, with my cousin and her infant before my ggm died. It's very special to know all of those elders. Even if they aren't in good shape anymore.

I took my son to the clinic for pinkeye (he's 19), and then went out to eat with 2 friends from college. I did laundry, and took a nap. Back to work tomorrow....
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:56 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I worked today. I work at a hotel in the housekeeping dept. and it was a typical Sunday~ lots of late checkouts, lots of beds to make up, and lots of hard work. The best part of the day~ helping my coworkers, getting the job done, and knowing my guests will be sleeping in clean beds and enjoying spotless, perfectly cleaned guestrooms!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 8:30 PM on Jul. 11, 2010