My ten year old just asked me why there aren't prophets anymore like Jonah.

and I don't know what to say... Sigh...

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 7:52 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• why is there no edit key?!

The biblical prophets were to announce the coming of Christ. No one save the Father knows when His second coming will be.
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 9:04 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Because Christ has come! As a pp said the OT prophets were to looking forward to Christ and now that he has come there is no need for more prophets.
    solamama

Answer by solamama at 9:33 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I beleive their is. Here is a website to share what my faith is about http://mormon.org/mormonorg/eng/
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 7:55 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Tell him that all our deceased ancestors are now prophets/prophetesses or angels watching out over us daily. What a marvelous opportunity this could be to share with him both the memories and strengths of family members that have passed on! It could also be used as the foundation upon which to base your religious views!
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 8:01 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• get a children bible and read the different prophets of the bible 2 him and get the one with picture 2 show him also. Peace and Bless
    momromtheheart

Answer by momromtheheart at 8:09 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Well, if you want the Jewish answer, "Prophecy can only exist in Israel when the land is inhabited by a majority of world Jewry, a situation which has not existed since 300 BCE. During the time of Ezra, when the majority of Jews refused to move from Babylon to Israel, prophecy ended upon the death of the last prophets ― Haggai, Zechariah and Malachi."

http://www.aish.com/jw/s/48892792.html

Sharon

momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 10:03 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I agree with Lynette. I believe there is a Prophet upon the earth today.

if you want to learn more about our beliefs check out www.mormon.org
    or
    www.LDS.org
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 4:02 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Because there never were any in the first place.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:09 PM on Jul. 13, 2010