Have you ever had someone ask you what you did today/yesterday/on the weekend? Only to say 'nothing'....

and they say 'oh it must be nice I never get to do nothing and oh how I would like to have nothing to do blah blah balh!'
Do they really think that you sat around and did absolutely nothing.
Because although I may say that, doesn't the average person realize that there is so much to do in a day that you really can't do 'nothing?'

QandA

Asked by QandA at 8:04 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I guess I just don't talk about the "usual, boring stuff"!! When I say I did "nothing", it means I didn't do anything out of the ordinary or particularly exciting.
    5BabyBees

Answer by 5BabyBees at 8:19 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• giggles. I never say nothing. I usually give a list, and then watch the other person's eyes glaze over with boredom, and then think, "ha, why would you ask that , you know I never go anywhere on the weekends"

Dh works sat, sun, mon, wed, and we have one car.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:09 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Do people really want to her all about the piddle stuff you do. Ya I did laundry, bathed the dog and kids, cleaned the toilets etc.. I don`t think they really want to hear that stuffÉ

QandA

Comment by QandA (original poster) at 8:06 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• When I say nothing I usually mean I didn't do anything worth talking about. I still did the cleaning, cooking, etc.
    KJohnson4762

Answer by KJohnson4762 at 8:07 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Lol! Thats funny! :)
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 8:07 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• But I did do nothing, lol.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 8:08 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I don't get asked what I did today, or any day for that matter.... I also don't ask people what they did, or are doing either.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:09 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Oh also to add that if you did nothing then is lame, lol. (this is a joke so don't take it serious)

itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 8:10 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Yeah I hear ya. However, sometimes I don't think they're really that interested in what exactly I did, but rather a conversation starter?? I hate saying nothing, but who wants to hear about how I got up, took a shower, brushed my teeth, ate breakfast, etc.. etc..
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:14 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• When my Mom used to ask,I would say,nothing. I have started being much more honest w/her. It's funny but she does not ask me so often,what have i been doing?? I mean,most of the time I'm here bustin my hump w/two wild kids. I never REALLY do nothing!:)
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 8:35 PM on Jul. 11, 2010