So what do you think, is it wrong?

My sister has always called on my parents for help in various areas of her life, and now she is going through a divorce and has borrowed money from them left and right and they have bought groceries and such and put money into fixing cars and such. But behind their backs she talks as if she can't stand them. Is it wrong to take money from others and then turn around and bad mouth them to other people? I personally feel this is just out and out wrong. It seems like she is just using them. Should I say something to our parents?

TBandNCmommy

Asked by TBandNCmommy at 8:09 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• im not sure. you might just hurt your parents feelings by telling them that. but maybe you should ask your sister why she would do that.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 8:10 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Yes it's wrong. No, you should not say anything to your parents. I am sure that would hurt them dearly. It's not correct for you to upset your parents over that. However, I would say something to your sister. Not sure if it will help, if she's like my family members, but it's worth a try. Just simply tell her you are deeply disappointed in her for that. That's about all you can do.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:11 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I'd say something to her about it. She defidently doesn't respect the hands that help her.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 8:12 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Yes it is wrong. I would not say anything to them because more then likely they already now. I would say something to her about it though.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 8:13 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• There is no need to hurt your parents this way, but you can hurt your sister!!! tell her what you just told us, it is wrong in so many levels!

Answer by older at 8:13 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• u sound jelous...
    Anonymous

• I would have a frank conversation with her and let her know that I know what she is doing and remind her of all the good things that they have done for her. Its obvious that she is spoiled and inconsiderate.
    balancingmother

Answer by balancingmother at 8:13 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I would talk to your sister about it, let her know how you feel. Better her to get mad then your parents being hurt.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 8:14 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Yes, it is wrong. I would not say anything to your parents because well.....been there done that. And more than likely they already know what kind of person their daughter is. Talk to your sister. Tell her what you think and then move on.
    LeeLeeCandleGrl

Answer by LeeLeeCandleGrl at 8:15 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Well, my parents have been suspecting things, cause she just spent some money on getting a tattoo, instead of getting her car fixed. There have been some recent issues between them and I am trying NOT to get involved, but I kind of feel like I am getting dragged into it by the both of them(my sister and my parents)
    TBandNCmommy

Comment by TBandNCmommy (original poster) at 8:16 PM on Jul. 11, 2010