soft spot on infants head

Should it be diped in or level with her head at 8wks old?

Keaton_Hazel

Asked by Keaton_Hazel at 8:18 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Level I would think, but I'm not sure. There's no chance that the baby could be dehydrated is there- has the child been ill or not getting enough fluids?

Answer by Bmat at 8:19 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• It should be level. Sunken in is a sign of dehydration. Keep and eye on the baby and make sure he or she is having as many wet diapers as usual. You may want to call the pediatrician to be sure. Babies can dehydrate pretty quickly. Best of luck!
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 8:23 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• She eats/drinks like normal. Its in kinda far. I can rest my thum on it. Her diapers are normal too. I just happen to notice it when i was washing her hair. She did start sleeping through the night 3 days ago, could it be from not drinking throughout the night?
    Keaton_Hazel

Comment by Keaton_Hazel (original poster) at 8:37 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• has it always been like that or did it just recently sink in? check with your pediatrician to make sure she's not dehydrated!
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 12:39 AM on Jul. 12, 2010