How many novels of twilight are there?

If I wanted to start reading and haven't seen any movies yet where would I begin?
How is it in comparison to Anne Rice?

tryin2BGOOD

Asked by tryin2BGOOD at 8:39 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Four. They're very different from Anne Rice, in my opinion, but still very good.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:41 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• way different than Anne Rice!!!
    4:
    Twilight
    New Moon
    Eclipse
    Breaking Dawn
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 8:42 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• There are four. In order, Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn.
    katrinad

Answer by katrinad at 8:44 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• She also has a novella that has come out about a minor character from one of the series and another version of Twilight that you can read on her website... it is from Edward's point of view and rather fun.

These are not a part of the series, but involve the same characters.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 8:44 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• There are four books, but the last book has 2 stories. Personally not as dark or heavy as Anne Rice. These books were written for teenagers. Very light reading. I would recommend them.
    twilite2000

Answer by twilite2000 at 8:44 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I'm also considering starting this serious, we're going to the beach and I need a good read....I'm hesitant, however, because I'm 40 years old, GASP. I get the impression the series is more for teens?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 8:45 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• There's also a short novella out as a spin-off to the last novel called "The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner".

There is a big teen fan base, but also a lot of older women. A lot of the appeal is around Edward resisting jumping into bed with Bella from the beginning, wanting to take things very slow. So unlike most romance stories.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 8:49 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• oops *series* not serious....
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 8:50 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• 4 in the acutal Twilight series. Then you can go to her official website and read a short, unfinished version from Edwards view point, I can't remember what it is called. Then another book, also as noted above about Bree Tanner just came out.
    All of the books are easy reading, and obviously addicting. I love a lot of styles of books and they are well written. I would also recomend her other book that isn't in the Twilight series.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:42 PM on Jul. 11, 2010