My life would be so much easier if I just gave the hell up!

Give me one good reason why I should even be alive and don't say 'cause your kids need you.' It's Bull $h!t. The last thing they need is me. They would be better off with relatives or foster care. I have nothing to offer them. Nothing! I have nothing! My house is in foreclosure, My DH is in jail for the next 37 months, I make to much money to get gov. asst. I make to much at 10 and hour for a family of 3. My oldest was upset today because some mean ass kid made fun of her shoes cause they have a hole in the toe. I can't buy brand new shoes and she doesn't 'want' consignment. she wants new shoes. My baby is mad because I can't sign her up for gym like her friend. I haven't been able to take them to do anything this summer 'cause after payin most the bills and buyin some food the $ is gone. GONE. I am treading water and it's quickly turning into drowning. I want to quit! Oh and I'm at work so no drop the internet BS.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• YOU have to keep trying you are all they have.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 6:01 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• There are times in our life when it just plain sucks. Simple as that. What do you have? You have your children... that shouldn't be BS. And there is always tomorrow. Keep your chin up, I know it is rough but giving up is not an option. Sure your children can live with relatives- but what kind of scars will they carry for the rest of their lives with you gone?

Your 13 needs shoes? Then she can babysit. We all want to give our children the best, but the most important thing they need is gratitude and an understanding of how hard you work to give them what you can.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 8:54 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Your children only have ONE mom....YOU are NOT replaceable!!!
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 8:58 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Hey mommytojosh: way to be supportive! She's overwhelmed and doesn't need your attitude. A little compassion wouldn't hurt you now would it???
    connorsmom1970

Answer by connorsmom1970 at 9:00 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Do you get help from family? We have our families give the kids lessons like gymnastics, dance, swim lessons for birthday and Christmas presents. If you are in need of help I would suggest talking to a local church or maybe the school and they sponsor families that are in trouble. Good Luck and hang in there! When your kids are older they will appreciate how hard you worked for them.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 8:53 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• And... most places offer some sort of scholarship plan for kids in need. Check out your local gymnastics studio and see what they have.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 8:55 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• You are overwhelmed hon and it's understandable! You have alot on your plate!!! Do you have any family you can turn to for help??

First off-take a deep breath....you need to speak to someone to help provide temp assistance-both financially and emotionally. You can make it work--it's going to be hard as hell but we women are strong and resilient. You can do it....you just have to step back for a minute and regroup...
    Contact local agencies for guidance....use local food pantries...local churches....tell your kids they are just going to have to deal and help out while you are all going through this...it might suck for awhile but you'll get back on your feet.....
    How much is your house payment. Have you contacted the finance company for assistance?
    Last-TALK to someone...church...local support line...do you have insurance for counseling? There are free resources...

You can make it through this-be strong!!!!!
    connorsmom1970

Answer by connorsmom1970 at 8:59 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Life does suck sometimes. Kids are difficult, and money sucks, period. But, think about the things they do that make you happy. The times they give you hugs and kisses and tell you they love you. Think about the end of the tunnel, because eventually there will be one. Trust me, I know... when it rains, it pous. At our house, it's been one thing after another. I have a 6, 4, 3, and 18 month old... they are ALL in difficult stages. There are days when all I do is yell, or at least that's how it feels. Go in and watch your kids sleep some time. Remember the good times, when you got to rock them to sleep. Just keep on keeping on. It WILL get better, regardless of what you think.
    SAHMomOf3

Answer by SAHMomOf3 at 9:02 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I can guarantee you that all the money in the world could never replace you to your kids. Yeah, kids can seem to be the most ungrateful beings on earth at times...but in the long run, they figure it out ma.
    I have felt the way you do at times a few years ago when I was a single mom. I made too much money for help but not enough to really live the way I would have liked and wasn't able to give as much as I always wanted to. Hell, its still like that sometimes.
    I can tell from your words youre having a rough night. Take a deep breath. If you believe in God, pray. In my journey, at times prayer was all I've had left. No matter what, tomorrow will always come...and a new day is a new chance for a new beginning. Don't give up.Sometimes we have to hit rock bottom before things begin to get better,f anything..it will make you stronger. Please, for yourself and for your children, look around you and let yourself find reason to live
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:08 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• My life sucks right now too...but you have to keep on keeping. Go back to school and apply for the pell grant so it'll be almost free, if not all the way free.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 8:58 PM on Jul. 11, 2010