Do you have this problem in stores like me?

I don't know how many times I am in a store...mostly clothing stores or drug stores.. it seems if I am looking at something on a shelf or rack...wayyyy too many times I have someone not wait their turn until I am done...they will get right next to me and put their hand almost right in front of my face to get what they want ...
Now this is super weird...just a few weeks ago while I was in the dollar store in line...this man came right up next to my shoulder and stood there and wouldn't back off..I looked at him and kind of smirked...wtf lol
Do you draw the weirdos like I do? Whats going on??

Cochise

Asked by Cochise at 9:20 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Shopping

• well, if I'm looking at something, I back up a little so that I'm not in the way of other people getting things they need off the shelf.

As for the people standing way to close, I back up with my cart and either step on their foot or just bump them a little to remind them to back up. ;o) (haha I'm one of those people that if you tailgate me, I'll slow down)
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:23 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Hmmm maybe thats the problem...cause I feel like I am there trying to figure out what I want...sometimes I can't find it right aways..and I feel people should wait their turn. I always wait until other people are done before I get in their space.
    Cochise

Comment by Cochise (original poster) at 9:26 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I don't care how big and how empty the store is but it seems no matter where I am at is where at least 4 other people need to be as well. It irritates the crap out of me.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 9:26 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I almost always get the person who'll come right up and get in front of me as I am looking at products and just stand infront of me. This is at the grocery store. It makes me nuts. I always have trouble w/this at walmart. I hate walmart but can beat the prices.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 9:27 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I get the old folks who will,I swear,shadow me thru the store. Everytime I turn,there they are,blocking the aisle. You say excuse me and they either ignore you,or can't hear you. I was at Goodwill last week and this old guy was standing in the aisle,staring up near the ceiling! Seemed every aisle I went to,there he was,blocking the way! The rows are so narrow you have to back up,can't even turn around. I have no idea what he was doing,he looked around,literally,and left.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:30 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• well, it's kind of rude to take up a lot of space while you shop, too, and peruse for several minutes at a time while other people "wait". I'm not saying that's what you do, but I've seen it at lease a million times where people will stand three feet from their cart and very slowly pick one thing up at a time, totally ignoring the fact that they are blocking the aisle and eight feet of product.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:31 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I'm one that gets the people that must block the whole isle and take 10 minutes to look at something. Okay look other people want to get there too already!!!
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 9:33 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Agh!! I know what you mean!! I hate it when someone takes up a whole aisle or when you looking through a rack clearly going through in one direction and someone comes around right next to you and begins going towards you!! I always feel like saying "Hey I'm lookin here!!."
    momofne

Answer by momofne at 9:36 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• There are rude entitled people everywhere.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 9:44 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Blocking a big section of shelving and expecting people to wait on you to finish is just as rude as reaching in front of someone to grab something. being polite in any case is the key to keeping sane in stores
    renniemom3

Answer by renniemom3 at 11:04 PM on Jul. 11, 2010