having another child...

my husband and i have 3 children and i would like another child. he wanted to try for another also, but then changed his mind. he is now certain that he doesn't want anymore. how do i come to terms with this? i have already had multiple conversations with him about this and pointed out that i am the children's sole caregiver and more of the work is on me. (for the record he is a very involved and giving father, he works a lot so i can be home). i truly do not feel i am done having children and i am very uncomfortable with him making this decision 'on his own'. any advice or experiences?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• I think having more children is really something you both need to agree on. I feel badly for you that you are disappointed, but perhaps he would come around when your children are older. I think talking to him about the reasons why might help you understand him and his decision better.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 9:38 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• i agree 100% with jamesonjustines.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 9:42 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I agreed too with james.
    Alieysa

Answer by Alieysa at 12:02 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Sadly one of you is not going to get your way with this one. I would tell him I don't think it is fair to have agreed and then taken it back. I mean really, what are his strong reasons for feeling this way? If you do all the work anyway, why is he so adamant?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:09 PM on Jul. 12, 2010