How long do you allow your kids to play video games during the week(school days)?

ILOVEMYBOYS704

Asked by ILOVEMYBOYS704 at 9:47 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• None! My oldest {the only on in school} does have the option of playing games as long as he gets his homework done by 5pm, but he messes around and loses his privilege.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:50 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• none :)
    livewell

Answer by livewell at 9:47 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I will be totally honest, I do not have a typical kid or so I am told by many moms. My son loves video games and can play them all day. The thing is, he is a straight a student and gets lots of out door play. He is 12 years old and has never had a problem because of the games. So I let him play as much as he wants. It really varies every week. Some weeks he will play 2 to 3 hours every day and other weeks he will not even touch the thing for a couple days. I don't have to regulat hiis time He is very responsible and I do not have to be after him telling him what to do, he knows what needs to be done and when. Chores and homework come first. He does his homework very quickly when he wants to play games with his friends or go outside and play. According to his teachers he does an excellent job on the homework and all tests so I am not concerned about that or him getting exersice because he loves playing outside to,
    susie580

Answer by susie580 at 10:06 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Usually none.  Sometimes they get to play a few hours on the weekend but that is shared time.  If they start fighting over the Wii or ds then I take it away.  With homework and stuff there isn't time on school days.  They can't play/watch TV until all of them are done with homework and it usually takes my oldst all day to do hers.  Then it's dinner time and time to get ready for bed.

Even in the summer they only play once a week if they are lucky and behaving.  TV goes off when I get up and they go outside to play.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:40 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Only 1 hour per day.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 9:48 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Usually 1 to 2 hours per day, if the homework and chores are done and if the grades are good!!!!
    Truluv4ever

Answer by Truluv4ever at 11:02 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• My son loves his Wii...but we limit it to 1 hour/day. He has to behave as well to earn it.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 1:50 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• On school days?! NONE!!!
    Waspinators_Mom

Answer by Waspinators_Mom at 11:45 PM on Jul. 12, 2010