Hypothetical...

IF you could give someone who was highly opposed or hateful towards your beliefs, path or lifestyle just one book with a guarantee they would read it, what book would it be and why?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 9:54 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Stone Butch Blues to see how hard it is to live the life you were born to live, to be true to who you are, the way you were born. Once they read it and the violence I would hope they would not believe people choose to be LBTG but are indeed born as such.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 9:58 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I have no clue. What book would you suggest?
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 9:58 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I'm not sure there is a book out there to cover my....large spectrum of beliefs or lifestyle. But great question!!
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:59 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• That's tough. I don't have a religious text for my belief system/lifestyle, being eclectic pagan, but the book I find that most accurately describes my beliefs is probably the fictional novel Kushiel's Mercy by Jacqueline Carey. It really shows the emphasis that love plays in life and how important it is. As well as having respect for all things peoples. I'm not as licentious as the people in that book are, but I would still like to live in Terre D'Ange lol. It sounds like a perfect place to me.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:01 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I think for me, I would choose the Everything Paganism Book. It's written in a way that allows anyone to pick it up and understand what it's saying even without a background in Pagan Religions. It also covers a wide range of Pagan Belief systems. Being eclectic my beliefs aren't going to come from any one book on the subject, but this one give a wide enough base of information and does so in a manner as to inform honestly without preaching or demeaning believers on different paths. Personally I feel it's an excellent book for any non-Pagan to read as it will help to educate on such a great number of things.

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 10:04 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• "Permission to Believe" by Lawrence Kellemen

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 10:27 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Live Long and Prosper momto2boys!

lol!

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 10:32 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Cosmos by Carl Sagan.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:36 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• LOL! That's actually my "default" thought bubble SabrinaMBowen!! :)

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 10:52 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I'd have to agree with the book Sabrina chose. I am also an Eclectic Pagan and my beliefs cover a broad range.

Maybe all of us eclectics should get together and try writing a book about our beliefs ... LOL!!
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:42 PM on Jul. 11, 2010