Do you have boys/girls a year apart?

And everyone asks if they are twins?
I have baby boys, one is 23 months the other is 9 months. I dress them either matching or coordinating a lot when we are out. And I get asked A LOT if they are twins. One is 10 pounds heavier than the other, one is running and the other is usually being carried when they ask. Or if at the store, the baby is in the front seat of a cart and the toddler is standing in the cart. Sometimes I just think to myself....What?? Can't you tell they aren't even close to the same age?? My mom said that to me today, why do people think they are twins, they aren't even the same size!!!

2BlondeBabies

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 9:57 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My kids, one boy and one girl are 10 MONTHS apart and often we get asked if they are twins. It's the worst the 2 MONTHS of the year they are the SAME AGE, being 10 MONTHS apart means they are the same age for 2 months. LOL Those 2 months are the ones my son, the oldest, hates the most!
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 10:37 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I know exactly what you mean.......my boys are 13 months apart and everywhere we went people would ask if they're twins. I would look at them kind of strange and think......what???? Why would anyone think they're the same age when one of them is obviously a lot younger and smaller? People would ask me that even when my youngest was only a couple months old!!

Just so you know, it doesn't get better. My boys are now 8 & 7 and I get asked that a lot still.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 10:02 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I have two boys they are 10 months apart born in the same year. I get asked if they are twins every time I go to the store. My oldest is tall and skinny and youngest is short and stocky.. I don't know how people can't tell but oh well. They do match or coordinate lot! BUt still it isn't hard to see the age difference.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 10:03 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I have children who we've adopted who are very close in age. Actually several groups of them really are close and I get strange questions all the time. I used to have two 5 year olds and a 7 year old that everyone thought were triplets. Now I have a 5 year old and a 7 year old that people can't even seem to tell apart. They aren't even "biologically" related to each other! People aren't very smart much of the time. I also have 12 kids and people ask if they are mine when I'm shopping with them at Walmart. Why the heck would I take them all with me to Walmart if they weren't? roflol
    mommy9

Answer by mommy9 at 10:04 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• can't really do much about it and I don't let it bother me. DH thinks it very funny cause no one can see the difference
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 10:04 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• My kids are 17 mo apart and I have been asked that MANY times! I had 3 under 3 and I get it mostly with my girls ( Ant is SO much taller than Lilah) the girls are about 2lbs and 2inches apart (they are 3 and 4) so practically the same size! I am used to it tho :)
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 10:06 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Yep that happened a lot when my oldest 2 were babies.  They are 15 months apart.  I remember this one time my son (the baby) was in the shopping cart and my daughter (who was about 18 months) was walking next to it and someone asked if they were twins.  I looked at the kids and couldn't fathom how anyone could think they were twins even with my son being big for his age and my dd being small for her.  My son had all that pudgy baby fat and my dd was thinned out and running around.

I could understand it later on.  They were the same size at 2 and 3 and have the same hair color.  Even now I get asked.  They are 10 and almost 9.  I also get asked if my 10yo and almost 8yo daughter are twins because they are the same size (the 10yo is very small for her age).

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:06 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• My hubby and his sister were confused as twins when they were kids. The funny thing is hubby and his sister has a brother that was born in between them. Hubby, brother 1 year later and sister 1 year after that.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 10:07 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Yup. there's 11 months and 2 days between my first 2 and people ALWAYS ask if they're twins.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 10:08 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• i agree ...... i have 2 children also,, my son is 8 1/2 and my daughter will be 7 soon ... i always had ppl ask me if they were twins... its like REALLY? they are a yr and a half apart .......
    meNmine

Answer by meNmine at 10:17 PM on Jul. 11, 2010