Blood/cysts/threatened miscarriage, oh my!

I joined this site because I was so excited to be pregnant with our second child. Well, yesterday, I started bleeding (less than a panty liners worth) and I'd been having cramps for a few days so we went to the ER.

I was diagniseed with a thretened miscarriage but today when I was looking over my ultrasound paperwork it also says I have a cyst in my left ovary thats 44mm (1.75 inches). Is it possible that its the reason for my cramps and bleeding or is it just wishful thinking?

I'm so worried!

llove12

Asked by llove12 at 10:15 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• How far along are you I went to the er for bleeding when I was 8 weeks and they also put on my paper work threatened miscarriage and I too had a cyst and I am now 13 and 3 days pregnant so long as it does not get heavier you will be fine i would call your ob about your cyst though to make sure that it does not get larger
    lazo060109

Answer by lazo060109 at 10:18 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I had a cyst with my dd and light spotting. I carried her to term without any complications! The cyst went away on its own.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 10:19 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I'm 5.5 weeks which is why I'm so scared. This waiting game is stressing me out. Oh, also, I seem to only start bleeding when I've been crying or arguing with my husband. Is that a coincidence? My first pregnancy was easy-peezy so this is blowing my mind.
    llove12

Comment by llove12 (original poster) at 10:24 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• did they do an US at the hospital?

you need to wait it out and see your ob or CNM this week
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:25 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I had an external and internal US. I'm calling the OB first thing in the morning but I'm going crazy in the mean time.
    llove12

Comment by llove12 (original poster) at 10:36 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Most women develop a cyst when they become pregnant (Corpus Luteum Cyst ). After ovulation the CL can reseal and fill with fluid forming a cyst. Most commonly the cyst resolves itself with no issues. Occasionally a cyst will rupture, causing several hours of pain, followed by an aching feeling for a few more days.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 2:01 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Sounds totally normal to me. I always get a big corpus luteum cyst on my right ovary when I conceive. Mine go away on their own at around 12+ weeks. But if they burst (you'll know if it does cause it HURTS) then it can cause bleeding. Maybe yours is just excreting a little bit? I had a miscarriage 2 weeks ago and I spotted for 2-3 days then I woke up and lost clot after clot after clot....it was ridiculous. Good luck! If you end up miscarrying I'm here to talk, it seems like it happened forever ago and its only been 10 days. Things get better.
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 3:44 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• THanks ladies for the info and support. I have an appointment tomorrow morning to do another HCG quant, then I'll know and will be able to move on, either way. Thanks again!
    llove12

Comment by llove12 (original poster) at 11:35 AM on Jul. 12, 2010