Should I let my 1 year old twins play alone for 10 minutes?

I mean like let them alone like for 10 or 5 minutes in the living room while I clean the house when the nanny is in her free day

BlueballandKids

Asked by BlueballandKids at 10:16 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If you can hear them and are still checking in on them every couple minutes. If you mean not check for 10 minutes or be on a different floor of the house then no.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 10:17 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I wouldnt. Just too many things for them to get into unless you have them in a play restricted area. Since you are lucky enough to have a nanny, save the work for nanny and take them to the park or something..
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:18 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Even 3 minutes is a LOOOONG time for a 1 yr old. I wouldn't/haven't.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:19 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• THANK YOU GUYS for the awnser
    BlueballandKids

Comment by BlueballandKids (original poster) at 10:21 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I did all the time.  I wouldn't have gotten anything done if I didn't leave my kids to themselves once in awhile.  They are all very independent now and don't need my constant attention to do stuff.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:27 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Wow wish I had a nanny. Hehe. I do with my son. When it gets quiet it means theyre in trouble.lol But I will check on him every few minutes or so. And if im cleaning upstairs i will take him up there and put the gate up so I can get stuff done up there and keep a eye on him. He makes a mess faster than I clean but its the only way I can get anything done.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 11:07 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• As long as you are just in the next room and there is nothing they can get in where they are. If I didn't do that with my 1 year old I would never get the house clean.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 11:51 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• of course. My son is 12 months. My house is completely baby proofed. He can go in any room he wants but the bathroom cause he can lift the toilet lid and play submarine with his toys..lol..He goes whereever he wants. And if i dont hear him for a few minutes, i go check on him. I believe it improves thier independance :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 2:07 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• If you've got a child safety precautions in place and you can check in on them as you do your thing, then absolutely! Children need to learn to play independently too. Can't happen if we're constantly hovering. When my two were that little they'd do their thing for a stretch of time while I was in the next room cooking or whatever it is that had to be done. I could hear them. See them. Just wasn't interacting directly with them.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 7:35 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• THANK YOU for t he awnser but more opinions please!
    BlueballandKids

Comment by BlueballandKids (original poster) at 5:23 PM on Jul. 12, 2010