Sticky book covers?

Okay, so when I was in school (at least a century ago - lol) you could buy book covers that were sticky. You just cut them to the size of your book and stick them on. They were really the only thing that worked for soft cover books... Does anyone know where I could find them now? I haven't been able to find them anywhere and I have some soft cover books that need covers for... I don't mind reading them in public, but the covers tend to get a second look from some and they make my DH uncomfortable...

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 10:23 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Shopping

• Would contact paper work? The kind by Rubbermaid that's made to line shelves?
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 10:24 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I guess it would, but I have yet to find attractive contact paper...

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 10:26 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I had some in college that looked like cement. It was kind of cool.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 10:26 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• We just used contact paper when I was a kid.  I remember in high school we had to cover all our religion books with contact paper.  So my Bible and all my religious texts had Snoopy all over them, lol.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:32 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• That's what I'm looking to cover - religious books. The book covers I'm talking about were pretty much contact paper, just not as sticky as the stuff that you line shelves with and they had better designs... But where can I get them?

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 10:36 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Maybe they stopped making them bc I don't think the schools liked them. They ruined the real covers or something.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 11:20 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Walmart, Target? Is there a college near you? I know when I went they sold them in the bookstore at college.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 8:47 AM on Jul. 12, 2010