How do I tell my 3 year old daughter I can't carry her while I carry mi other kids?

Sometimes my daugter that is three wants to be carried all the time,I like to carry her because she doesnt weight too much but sometimes when the nanny is out I have to take Shiloh(my3yearolddaughter)to school and when I get out of the car I hip carrythe twins one in one hip and in the back Suri AND ITS' IMPOSSIBLE TO CARRY HER she starts crying and trowing tantrums is really shameful PLEASE HELP ME

BlueballandKids

Asked by BlueballandKids at 10:30 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You just tell her she's a big girl and can walk while the babies are being carried.  I refuse to carry any of my kids after they are 3.  They are just way too heavy for my back.  My 4yo sometimes wants to be picked up but I can't do it (especially now that I'm pregnant).  That's life.  I would think it would be easier to get through to her with younger kids.  It's hard to explain to a 3yo why you can't carry them when there is no one else being carried (your arms are free).  I had 3 kids under 3 and only the littlest one got carried.  The others had to walk.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:36 PM on Jul. 11, 2010