Is good to hip carry a kid or it's bad for the hip?

my friend that has a 8 year old she DOESNT CARRY HER KID BY HIP CARRY because she says is bad for the hip but i think she is exagerating

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

BlueballandKids

Asked by BlueballandKids at 10:35 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Why is she carrying an 8 year old? I think an 8 year old would be hard on ANYONE's body to carry ANYWHERE.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 10:37 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• i think 8 is too big to carry. i dont know about my hip but it would kill my back.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:38 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I wouldnt!
    janieishappy

Answer by janieishappy at 10:38 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I wouldnt carry an 8 year old. But I hip carry my 2 year old
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 10:40 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• but Is good to hip carry a kid or it's bad for the hip? can you awnser that please guys I asked alot of personand all of them told me "mmmm i dont know" even the teacher!!
    PLEASE HELP
    BlueballandKids

Comment by BlueballandKids (original poster) at 10:41 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• It's supposed to be better for your back to carry them in front with their legs wrapped around you but my back can't handle that.  I have to carry kids on my hip and I can only do it on my left hip so it get sore pretty quick.

And 8 and being carried?  Really?  I can't even lift my 8yo son.  Or my 7yo daughter.  Or my 10yo daughter who only weighs 45lbs.  I can barely hold my 4yo that is 32lbs.  I haven't carried her in a year and a half.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:43 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• It would be bad for my hip. I carry my toddler on my hip occasionally and it makes it hurt, but it is the hardest on my back.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 10:45 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• When I carry I do carry on the hip.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:17 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• i don't think an eight yr old needs to be carried unless the child is asleep.. .. i haven't pickd up carried my kids ( ages 8 and 6 ) in a few yrs,,,,, unless they fell asleep in the car then maybe?
    meNmine

Answer by meNmine at 11:19 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• it is bad for your hips my cousin did and when my mom went to use physical therapy on her hip to fix it she scream from the pain. your friend needs to stop and go get an adjustment right away. now i am assuming she is carrying the kid like you do a toddler one leg in front and one in the back. if so stop and get adjusted fast.
    puresouthern

Answer by puresouthern at 1:09 PM on Jul. 12, 2010