6 month old with mosquito bites help please

i bought the stuff called afterbite for bites...it says if the child is under 2 consult a doctor but i cant call him until tomorrow and i want to know tonight before we go to sleep if i can put it on there or not bc i think they are bothering him...thank you so much

EheartsZ07

Asked by EheartsZ07 at 10:40 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would try a baking soda paste on him, You mix baking soda with water a few drops at a time until it forms a paste and then you can rub it on his bites, it should sooth them and take it itch out of them!!! Good Luck!!!
    Truluv4ever

Answer by Truluv4ever at 10:43 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Call his doctor ASAP. My daughter had a bite on her eye and had to be put on meds for 10 days. That is because the eye is so close to the brain. You have to be careful with bites. You said they might be bothering him, get him checked out.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 10:44 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• im calling his dr in the morning...he had one on hiseye also so im worried more now! but yea i know im keeping him inside away from mosquitos as much as possible! thank u
    EheartsZ07

Comment by EheartsZ07 (original poster) at 11:42 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I suffer from mosquito bites. I am sensitive to them and a bite will itch for days and not completely fade for two weeks. Messing with them always makes it worse for me.

NOTHING but time gives relief. Sometimes cold is nice. Afterbite just stinks and sometimes stings. I often got bitten on the eye as a child. I simply had to wait it out. The eyelid is thin so it looks worse than it is when it swells. It feels weird but tends to go down pretty rapidly. Just keep an eye on it, no need to freak out.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:11 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• children's benedryl gel works really well, but it also says 2 and up, but check with your dr. about it. calamine lotion helps relieve the itch also. just don't put either of these on the one by his eye.
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 12:33 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• agee with first poster
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 12:11 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• well the bite on his eye is gone...and i wouldnt put it on there anyway lol. but the kids afterbite says it doesnt sting but idk i havent even opened it yet, im waiting on my son's dr to call me back. the pharmacist said to get hydrocortizone but it said not for children...so idk what to do! but i feel so bad for my poor baby! thanks for all your help
    EheartsZ07

Comment by EheartsZ07 (original poster) at 2:18 PM on Jul. 12, 2010