more symptoms better pregnancy?

is it tru the more symptoms u have the better ur pregnancy is goin? i had a miscarriage a yr ago at 14 weeks, im 12 weeks wit this one right now n im goin tru alot more then i did last time!....whats ur thoughts?

btw we r excited we go for our 2nd ultrasound n the mornin, so pray baby is doin great!

LilStacy

Asked by LilStacy at 11:01 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have heard that stronger morning sickness in women who have a history of miscarriage is a good sign since the sickness is because of your body reacting to being pregnant. But I'm not real sure how accurate that is.
    Best wishes for you!!!
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:03 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Well I had the best results with the most miserable pregnancies!!!! Good Luck!!!
    Truluv4ever

Answer by Truluv4ever at 11:04 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I had horrible morning sickness and still miscarried last year. I have had 2 out of 4 prior pregnancies with NO morning sickness that resulted in healthy babies. If you have no history of multiple miscarriages then I wouldn't worry too much!
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 11:19 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• All three of my pregnancies I've been horribly sick and had perfectly healthy pregnancies and babies, so I guess it might be true. But I've also know people that had next to no symptoms and were healthy too.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 11:44 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I haven't had too bad of sickness with any of my pregnancies.. and they were healthy..
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:04 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I didn't have any symptoms with my first 2 and they were amazing pregnancy's no complications and they were both full term. When I got pregnant with my twins I had almost every complications in the book and I ended up having them at 24 weeks......it was soo bad that my first born twin son passed away 5 days after birth. My surviving twin son is doing amazing. I'm pregnant again and I had a few complications at the beggining, like naseau and I've had complications as well. I'm 31 weeks and I'm on bed rest due to a shortning cervix and spotting. So I don't know how true that statement is but I did hear that symptoms are always good, they mean that your pregnancy is still continuing.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 12:19 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Well when I was pregnant. I had no morning sickness, no back pain, very little heartburn, a very easy pregnancy until the last two months when I developed pre-eclampsia. I had a healthy 9 lb 11 oz baby girl.

My friend had horrible morning sickness, threw up every day for 2 months and had a miscarriage. So I'm going to have to say that more symptoms = better pregnancy is false.
    sadiesmom87

Answer by sadiesmom87 at 7:33 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I'm a high risk pregnancy and had trouble getting pregnant to begin with. My only symptom till 10 weeks was tiredness. Then I was so sick I needed to be hospitalized for dehydration a couple of times. That didn't go away till he was born.

So in my experience, yes, it does mean a better pregnancy. But I've known many that have no symptoms and their babies have been just fine.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 12:40 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Supposedly strong morning sickness means higher HCG levels which does indicate a strong pregnancy.

But my 1st pregnancy I had ZERO morning sickness and have a 3½ year old healthy boy as a result of it.
    2nd pregnancy I had nausea much worse than the 1st but miscarried twins at 8w4d.
    3rd pregnancy again I had all day nausea and miscarried at 8w4d.
    4th (current pregnancy) I felt the worst of all but I was supplementing progesterone to support the pregnancy and I am 20w2d today.

Trust me I know what it's like to worry every second of the day because of a m/c. My dh and I are within the 5% of couples in the entire world to have multiple consecutive miscarriages. Only 1% go on to have a 3rd consecutive and even less have more. Good news is that with only one m/c your chances of having another really don't increase. I would say if you are still feeling sick at 12w there is a good chance you have very high hcg levels and are safe.
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 12:58 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• having more or less symptoms has nothing to do with if your going to miscarriage or not. but wishing you the best of luck girly!!!
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 2:46 PM on Jul. 12, 2010