Am I a bad mom for feeling this way?

I can't wait till my kids leave the nest!
They are young right now but I can't help but want some time w/dh and time to focus on cleaning the house,organizing and having a taste of sanity in my world again. Am I the worst mom ever for feeling like this?

momthruivf

Asked by momthruivf at 11:09 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• No that doesnt make you a bad mom.
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 11:10 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Not at all. My son is nearly 6, and there are many days that I say 'When are you going to college!' LOL!
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 11:14 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I am not here to judge people, I just know that I don't want any of my kids to ever leave the nest but I know they are going to and 2 of my oldest are getting ready to, that makes me sad but we have to let them go live their own lives!!!
    Truluv4ever

Answer by Truluv4ever at 11:14 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I think once they're older that feeling will change and you won't want them to leave! lol
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 11:15 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• No, you're not a bad mom. Not at all. As they get older and have some more independence, you'll wish they could go back to being the young ones they are now. I only have one, and I have moments where I wish she was older so I could get something done without her messing it up. lol. But she's adorable and I love her.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 11:16 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• NO. I feel like that too. Unless I put them out or leave myself - im on the good mom list
    H2BPREGO

Answer by H2BPREGO at 11:17 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• No way Girl. I have one child home temporarily over the summer. Otherwise, they have both been out on their own for at least two years. I am loving every minute of it!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:18 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Yes, you absolutely are! No other mom has ever felt that way. There must be something wrong with you...
    SO KIDDING!! I couldn't help myself!
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 11:24 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• No that doesn't make you a bad mom but I guarentee once they DO leave the nest, you are going to wish they were still little and living at home with you. Have you ever heard the song "You're Gonna Miss This?" Its a good one. The grass is always greener on the other side. Now you're ready for them to be out of the nest, but once they really are, you'll wish they weren't.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:27 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Nope, not at all. My FIRST is only one, and I look forward to it being just me and hubby again! =P
    Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my son, and I definitely want to have more, but I see how much fun my mom and dad are having getting to know each other "without the kids", and it's so sweet! I am determined to enjoy as much as possible with my kids, though!
    MamaRae85

Answer by MamaRae85 at 11:34 PM on Jul. 11, 2010