What are your thoughts because I am stumped?

This is kinda of an update previous question. Long story -short I got pregnant by a an engaged man ( did not know at time engaged). They got married wife knows about me/pregnancy and other woman he cheated on her with. Well she used fertility drugs and now is pregnant herself. am I naive enough to think that she would of lefted him knowing what she knows? Why would a woman stay with a man like this and under these circumstances. BTW he denies knowing mthe baby but I gave her full proof, so she knows he is a liar and cheat. But to intentionally get pregnant? It leavse me wondering if woman like this are common?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• It's really sad that she doesn't have enough respect for herself to leave him. Her self-esteem is probably so low that she feels that he's all she can get. So, instead of leaving him like she should have, she intentionally got pregnant in hopes that this will put a stop to his games. We all know what the outcome is going to be, but she is too blinded by her love for him and lack of love for herself to see that. She's going to have to learn the hard way. Sadly, I have heard about women in her situation before, and while I don't know exactly how common it is, I know that it is common enough to be heartbreaking. I feel sorry for the children in these situations because they're the ones that are going to have to suffer. I hope you take his @$$ to court and make him be an active part of your child's life. GL
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 11:32 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• She's a fool and will someday regret her decision not to leave him when he continues to lie and cheat on her. However, I am hoping you were not wishing he would leave her so YOU could be with him! Yes I'm afraid it is not that uncommon for women to stay with men after they've cheated and even gotten other women pregnant. Sometimes you love someone so much that you'll put up with just about anything as long as you are still with them. Very sad, but true.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:23 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Sometimes people are either so selfish or so in love they "look past" the wrong. She probably got pregnant so she wouldn't lose him. Common? Not too sure, but women like that are out there.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 11:14 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• i have an ex of mine that is like that.. caught him cheating i told her what i knew but she tells people I am the one who has issues.. while she lives with him still. its messed up but maybe its hormones or fear of being alone.. bringing a child into this world alone is so scary... maybe this is just how she coops.. it's obviously not the healthy choice but it's hers.. you can drive yourself crazy but there is no point. hopefully she figures out her mistake eventually...?

I in a way feel bad for her. you said He lied to her and told her he had no idea about the baby. he is not honest or stable.. and this is what she has reduced herself too.. she is in a bad place.
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 11:57 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I hope you get child support. This is not fair. If I was the other woman I would have left him. Just think how many other he has lied to. That is a shame. Good Luck.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 11:21 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• She's a moron for going ahead and marrying him IMHO! Once a cheater, always a cheater in my book!
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:26 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I think that she is just dumb.. She should have enough respect for her self and her child not to have a baby with this man. IT is bad enough that it happened to you unintentionally with a man like this.. but then for her to disreguard his infedelity is just absurd! You should get child support from his ass.. and you dont have to understand her reasonings .. you dont lower yourself to her level.. is all you need to be happy with..
    MommySteph1011

Answer by MommySteph1011 at 11:46 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Just be happy that you are on the other side. It is her life and honestly she can live it the way she wants to.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 11:47 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Some women just dont care if thier man cheats,I think if my husband was running around cheating I personally dont think I would take it so well.
    nurdreams

Answer by nurdreams at 11:51 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• While there are women out there that actually do get pregnant to keep there boyfriend around doesn't mean that is is the right thing to do. It could have happened to other women out there that you don't even know about. He would definitely be paying child support for those kids. However, it would serve him right if she left him. He should have kept it in his pants.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:04 AM on Jul. 12, 2010