Advice on paying bills while in school?

I could really use some help. I have a 19month old and work fulltime. I cant aford not to work fulltime. But I am starting school in august and will have clinicals for a month in october and wont be able to work except for maybe weekends. I dont want my son to feel like I am abondoning him. Financial aid is not available for the phlebotomy coarse I am taking. Does anyone have any advice on any assistance I can get to help me pay my bills for a few months? The only option I can think of is a bank loan if i can get one.

ashtonjames

Asked by ashtonjames at 11:15 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in

• Pell grant won't cover it???? I think you could take up an odd job maybe, like delivering newspapers, and that way you could just strap your son in and deliver newspapers while he's sleeping in his carseat. You could also babysit in your home to earn some extra money...
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 11:17 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I THINK YOU SHOULD APPLY WITH YOUR LOCAL DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES. EVEN IF YOU APPLY FOR THE FOOD AND NUTRITION PROGRAM (FS), then at least you wont have to pay for groceries. RIGHT THERE YOU ARE SAVING....ALSO CHECK WITH THE EMPLOYMENT SECURITY COMMISSION THEY PAY FOR SCHOOLING.(you have to fill out application to be approved for assistance) I pray things work out for you!
    ILOVEMYBOYS704

Answer by ILOVEMYBOYS704 at 11:24 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• You should look for grants or even a student loan, a small one of course due to what your major is, you want to be able to pay it back.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 11:31 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• http://www.fastweb.com/ though it is probably too late to find scholarships for the upcoming school year.

Is there a daycare on campus? You may also want to make an appointment with the school's financial aid office.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:49 AM on Jul. 12, 2010