Best deep conditioning treatment for at home?

What is the best deep conditioning at-home-treatment you've used? I don't like using straight oils because it takes a lot to get them back out of my hair, and until then, my hair looks disgusting (I have very fine, straight hair and stringy is NOT a good look). But right now, I've fried my hair with color (my own fault, I know) and need something good. Suggestions are welcome!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Mix one egg with a cup of mayo. Work it thru your hair and then twist your hair up on your head. Wrap it with a towel and leave it for about twenty minutes. To cut the oils out from the mayo just shampoo your hair before you rinse it out. you can also add vanilla or anything like that in it to make it smell good and not so much like egg.
    anabele

Answer by anabele at 9:32 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Anything thing with protein,with a plastic hat under a steam cap should do just fine.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 11:43 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Olive oil or mayo, let it soak in and then rinse out, then wash hair really well. The mayo actually makes your hair really soft.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 11:39 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I love Aussie's 3 Minute Miracle!
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:40 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Actually, oil was always terrible for me too, until I used that stuff that VO5 makes. It's a hot oil treatment, but it washed out really well. I have super fine thin hair, and that was really important, because even leaving conditioner in too long made my hair stringy.
    MamaRae85

Answer by MamaRae85 at 11:47 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Definitely It's a 10 Miracle Hair Mask!  It not only moisturizes, but it repairs the hair as well.  It also does 10 different things.  You can read all about it here:  It's a 10 Products

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:49 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Mayonaise!!

Answer by rkoloms at 6:26 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• a protein treatment..

your hair is made of protein.. if you want to make it healthy you have to keep protein in your hair.. do a protein treatment once a week.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:23 PM on Jul. 12, 2010