Got really bad skin, especially on upper arms.

ive rarely had acne problems on my face especially in my teenage. im 25 now. my upper arm area (the bicep part) is so bumpy and uneven. tiny small pimple-like zits and red bumps scattered here and there. some white heads too. rest of the skin on my body is fine and smooth. but these two arms are so ugly that i hate wearing sleeveless :(
is there anyway i can make my skin smooth?? i scrub once a week but that doesnt help either. any kind of advice would be great !!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• There are 2 things I would suggest.. Start with a nice moistuizing exfolating body wash.. then after you get out of the shower use Cetaphil body cream on all your problem areas.. After about a week you should notice a difference. Many people use cetaphil to help with psoriasis.. and I think it might help with your skin issues..
    MommySteph1011

Answer by MommySteph1011 at 11:41 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I exfoliate DAILY......and try different soaps/body washes out until you find something that works well with your skin. Make sure your not touching your arms and your clothing and sheets are clean.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 11:44 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I don't know, but I would LOVE the answer too! This is the only acne problem I've ever had, too, and I don't know how to get rid of it!
    Though sometimes it helps to go sleeveless for a while so the oils don't rub around on your arm.
    MamaRae85

Answer by MamaRae85 at 11:41 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Wow. Me too. I don't know the answer yet myself but I'm glad I'm not alone.. I've been thinking I'm allergic to something.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 11:47 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• If lotions and potions haven't done they trick try another approach. A freind of mine had horrible skin issues and I recommened Juice Plus. It's fruits and vegetabels in a capsule form. It made a huge difference not only for her skin but her nails and hair starting growing faster. It could be worth a try. I loved the results so much I decided to become a Rep to share it with others. It really is true what they say about fruits and vegetables...they will change your life. www.welovejuiceplus.com
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 1:11 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• One.. seek a doctor.. acne can not be fully treated topically, it has to be cured from the inside out. If you have acne they can prescribe products like Retin-A, Tazorac, or Accutane, pending on the degree on acne that you have.

For minimizing breakouts try: foaming cleansers (which contain surfactants, and are generally for combination to oily skin types, look for anti bacterial ingredients for maximum effect).
    and toners (aka freshners or astringents)

You can also try getting a facial. They will verify your skin type and treat those issues.. and change your diet and reduce your stress. Also try a detox diet to try to get things out of your system that don't belong. (If you have a special event, do this 1 1/2 to 2 weeks in advance).

If after consulting your doctor and trying everything else above, and it clears up, and you still have a bit of scaring, try microdermabrasion treatments.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:32 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Also seeking a doctor will help determine if you are even dealing with acne.. it could be anything from eczema to a form of psoriasis, to a form of dermatitis, to miliaria rubra, to milia, etc
    or if you are just dealing with some papules and pustules.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:38 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• and no, we can't see the condition of your skin, so none of us can honestly tell you it is positively this or that. You will have to seek a doctor to actually have it looked at for a diagnosis.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:42 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• It's called Keratosis Pilaris. Sephora has a good treatment, but it's pricey.

see here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keratosis_pilaris
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:04 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• it's a form of eczema and more than likley caused by a food allergy
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 12:06 AM on Jul. 12, 2010