Has anyone ever had laser hair removal for facial hair and how did that work for you?

comfycouch

Asked by comfycouch at 11:50 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• It works, however only if done properly, costs a ton of money, and takes a NUMBER of treatments.

Your hair goes through three phases, anagen, catagen, and telegen. (sp?).. and typically can only be removed in the catagen, and sometimes anagen phase.. and since each hair is in it's own phase.. as I said it takes a number of treatments..
    It's a treatment of removal of hair by means of an electric current that destroys the growth cells of the hair, and is applied with a very fine, needle shaped electrode that is inserted into each hair follicle.. sometimes the current doesn't always get a "direct hit" either.

There are other means of permanent hair removal as well..
    photoepilation(uses intense light to destroy the growth cells of the hair follicle) has minimum side effects, requires no needles, and thus reduces chances of infection. Can provide 50-60% clearance of hair in 12 weeks.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:03 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I wish! I swear I am growing a BEARD! Ahhhhh! I can't believe I just typed that for the world to see. Ok...maybe I am safe... there is still the anon option!

Okay... so I have about 10 chin hairs that poke out and are RED! I pluck them, but they are still embarrassing as hell. OMG! I am turning into my Aunt Jan....AHHHHHHHH... Lord help me!

Sorry for highjacking your post! I got off on a tangent and I am curious to the answers too.

okay for the anon....

ah never mind. I no longer have any shame :p You girls know everything about me by now :D
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:05 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• My daughter had it done, didn't work very well but did make the hair finer. Worse part durning the 3 weeks, it was done once a week she could not pluck or shave or do anything about the hair that was there and she had to let it grow out before she started. she said it was worth it because it is easier to pluck now and is less noticable
    Zippie

Answer by Zippie at 9:08 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• and laser hair removal: a laser beam is pulsed on the skin, impairing hair growth, and most effective when hair is in the anagen phase. The hair must be darker than the surrounding skin, and coarse/dark hair responds best to this treatment.. for some it permanently removes hair, for others it just slows the growth down.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:06 PM on Jul. 12, 2010