2 1/2 months not long enough to be inlove?

I am starting to fall in love with my mate. He acts like he is in love with me. WE have talked about it but he is scared to fall in love but that he is getting there and I feel like 2 1/2 and months is plenty of time to fall in love or close to it.. Do you think I Am wrong for thinking he should already be wanting to spend his life with me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• Some people need more time. If you rush him you may push him away.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:05 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Of coarse you can already be in love. I think I knew my dh and I were supposed to be together at first glance! Okay,that does not mean we were in love! If you love him and he loves you,then you are "In love" Simple!:)
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 12:06 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• it was love at first sight for my dh and me, we said i love you around a week after dating. we now have 2 kids and have been togther over 6 years. but, it's different for everyone. give him time, don't rush him. he may love you but just be afraid to commit.
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 12:07 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• If you truly feel that you love him, you will be willing to wait until he is ready to decide if he wants to spend the rest of his life with you. Everybody feels different things at different times.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 12:07 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I would have to say I was in love with my DH before I ever really even knew him. It was very much a love at first site. The more time we spend together those feelings just got stronger and 6 years later are still there and strong. Love isn't something that works on any time table. There is no limit on how long you need to know someone or even how well you know them before love sets in. For some of us it was just "meant to be" As I believe it was for my DH and I. For others there is more work involved... Don't ever let someone elses attitude or feelings about love affect how you feel or interrupt your love for your mate.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:08 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I think you can be very much attached to someone, you can enjoy being with them, you can enjoy getting to know them, but love? NO WAY. Love takes time, and has seen good times and bad times. Love is not just a feeling, but it is a choice when there is an argument, it is a choice when tough decisions need to be made, and it is a choice when committment is upheld. So I would say NO, you cannot love someone enough to want to commit your entire life to them after such a short time. You barely know the person. I honestly would be scared off if someone was willing to commit after such a short time because they would not really know me, and I would not really know them. I do think that it is the perfect amount of time to decide if you want to continue dating, or if it is not right, without too many hurt feelings. I hope this helps. :)
    squish

Answer by squish at 12:11 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• OMG ?

2 months, NO

I would date him at least a year.
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 12:22 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I agree with squish my mom told me that you can love alot of different people but it takes someone special to share a life with, in 2.5 months no f*ing way would I be ready for that sort of commitment...doesn't mean you aren't infatuated or lusting after him, but give it time, if you really want to spend the rest of your life with him, well you have the rest of your life why rush things
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 12:28 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• If you are 2 1/2 months into your relationship, you need to keep things at a level that is right for you. Don't rush into anything, they say you don't really know a person until you live with them.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:54 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• These things happen on personal timelines. If he needs more time, he needs more time. Frankly, I think you're jumping into the pool a little too fast...are you sure there are no sharks in those waters?

Answer by gdiamante at 1:18 AM on Jul. 12, 2010