how can you get though the day and not even thouch your kids for mos at a time?

well i have been with out my kids for alomst 2 yrs and have only seen them for about a todal of like a week the whole time and every one tells me that it gets better with time but to me it olny gets worst .and that is even worst when i did nothing worng to lose them but my ex knowing about my disabilty so now i am in a battle to get them back from him.so how dose someone keep it all togher though it all!!!!

johndeermomba

Asked by johndeermomba at 12:08 AM on Jul. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'm not sure, but here's a hug.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 12:25 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Can you call them? Are you at least getting pictures?

You could always keep a journal of how you are feeling about them. Or maybe write letters that you can give to them when this whole mess blows over. So that they will know how much you love them and want them in your life.

Hugs. I am so sorry.
    love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 12:53 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I am so sorry momma.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 1:49 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Awww hope everything works out for you soon! Prayers & hugs!!!
    LoveIsBeingAMom

Answer by LoveIsBeingAMom at 12:23 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• im so sorry,never been in your situation but some ideas to cope might be to call them often, write them,have them sent you pictures,art work,ect. if you have no cntact with them i'd write them a little letter everyday and read it to them when you see them. pray,pray for them also.
    lillie70

Answer by lillie70 at 12:52 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Remember you have rights as their mother. You should at the very minimum have supervised visitation. I have been through a very ugly bitter divorce and custody battles and in and out of court monthly for over a year. Please contact me if you want to talk in more detail. Good luck!
    summerbudbud

Answer by summerbudbud at 2:08 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I don't know your situation but I can say that I know how difficult a custody battle can be. Believe me.
    Write down your thoughts, that helped me, it could very well help you as well.
    Also, a word of caution, if I may........if you are in a custody battle, any thing you put out there on the internet is fair game and can be used against you. I only say this as a friendly warning.
    FromAtoZ

Answer by FromAtoZ at 5:34 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• when I got divorced I then quit drinking (1987) & kids were young...they ended up w/their dad who then hit me for custody knowing I had no way to fight him since I was emotionally bankrupt & financially as well. I didn't c them for 2 yrs at all, then had to fight to c them for a month, no prob after that for a month the next summer, & had them for full summers & 2 of the 4 of them eventually lived w/me in high school. No - it never ever got easier, but as long as you fight hard to keep them in your life (is so hard...is easier not to call cuz hurts SO BAD when you have to hang up....) & in my case I have an incredibly close relationship with all of them. I think that is becuz of our separation. But no - it never ever got easier for me at all. in fact, think it got harder cuz as they got older, summers were coming to an end w/graduations coming up. I ended up in counseling the winter before my oldest son's last summer w/me.
    WyoArmyMom

Answer by WyoArmyMom at 5:52 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Oh my, this is so sad! I'm so very sorry for you. You can't get any more visitation or call them? I'll say prayers for you to get through this oh so difficult time.
    JenE1098

Answer by JenE1098 at 6:28 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I assume your children aren't with you for a reason. So, I would say you can probably feel better knowing they are in a better situation than if they were with you.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 9:22 PM on Jul. 12, 2010