Cryogenics...

I was just watching a short documentary about Cryogenics. One of the questions posed to the scientist was "Will you still be you after you are thawed out?" And it made me think. It makes sense that we will someday be able to reanimate these frozen bodies, we are already reanimating tissues and organs after being frozen, so entire bodies aren't a total stretch.

Now, my question is this. IF (big if) we are able to reanimate the bodies of these people someday, do you believe they would still be them? Or would they be more "Zombie" like? If you believe in reincarnation or afterlife, what would happen to that person's spirit if it's already moved on if these bodies are reanimated? Would it be ripped from it's current life or afterlife?

Your thoughts?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 12:14 AM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would say it depends on if the process of freezing/thawing caused any damage to the brain tissue or chemical changes. More than likely though the person would exhibit symptoms similar to that of a coma.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:24 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I don't know, If you were one the unfortunate first few that they attempted to unthaw the results probably wouldn't be that good. 

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:11 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I'm in the minority that believes that not all of us HAVE souls to begin with.I think you can be born with one and have it taken from you.I think that if somehow you are able to reanimate the bodies,they would be zombie-like.They'd eat,deficate,urinate,all like an animal.No light in their eyes,no sense of human-ness.The soul leaves just before or at death. If these things even had one to begin with,its gone,never to return.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:47 AM on Jul. 12, 2010