Why is it that men walk out of the room, or go outside when the phone is for them?

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 12:32 AM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Men can't do two things at once. They have to leave the room to focus.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:56 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• concentration.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 12:34 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• my s/o doesnt do that, unless im bein loud..
    ahasugar

Answer by ahasugar at 12:35 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• My hubby is a NCO in the Army so he has to take the calls in another room so he can make sure he hears everything..
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:35 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Dh only does that if he can't hear.
    nellyb118

Answer by nellyb118 at 12:40 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• mine dh doesent do that even if he tried the noise parade would still follow him
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 12:44 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• so they can hear and/ or not get interrupted. Most men don't "chat" while on the phone, they are usually "working" in some nature, even if just planning a fishing trip.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 12:50 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• My husband usually doesn't do that. Granted, we know that when someone is on the phone the other people need to be quiet. But if my husband suddenly needed to talk to someone outside, I would want to know what was so important. He has a habit of talking to his family and then not telling me important things, like our niece's wedding later this month that he got the invitation to in the mail and forgot to tell me about so the invitation wasn't returned in a timely fashion and we got a phone call about it two days ago asking if we were planning on showing up but my husband was too embarrassed to admit it and tried to cover it up by walking out of the room and assuring his sister that there was some mix up (which means it must have been my fault even though I never saw the invitation), but I asked him why he suddenly decided to leave the room to take a call and this is what I find out. And yes, that was a run on sentence!
    sillymoo

Answer by sillymoo at 1:18 AM on Jul. 12, 2010